Sunday, November 10, 2013

(w)REC(k)ing UAlbany

Robinson gave his son a tape recorder and instructed him to hide it in his backpack while at school. Though Robinson was prepared to hear some inappropriate comments on the tape upon the boy's return from school, he was shocked by the extent of the teacher's cruelty. “The teacher said to the children, ‘Get your ugly butt over here,’ ‘I like you, but you make me want to slap you,’ ‘Get out of my face before I machete chop you, and ‘Shut up. I mean that in the nicest way, but shut up.’”

Robinson immediately called the school and arranged a meeting with the teacher (he declined to provide her name) and the assistant principal. “I asked the teacher if she said these things and she denied it,” says Robinson. “I could have revealed the tape at that point, but the school wanted to investigate the matter on their own, so I let them do their thing.”

Solé, Elise. "Tween Catches Bully Teacher on Tape." Yahoo! Shine. November 8, 2013. http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/tween-catches-bully-teacher-on-tape-234052398.html

Never let a school "do their thing." "Their thing" is, too often, undermining the quality of education in America.

I'd asked Jeanette Altarriba if I could record Michael W. Barberich. I was probably one of the only students in the class who didn't always have a recording device on me. Most of the teens and twenty somethings (if not every one of them) would've had a cellphone and/or a laptop, both of which can record audio - even video.

I'd have to ask Barberich, she informed me. Yeah right: sociopath Barberich would grant one of his victims permission to record Barberich's sociopathy? When John Monfasani called Altarriba a "negligent chair" he was being kind - to her, not to me. She's still a chair at UAlbany - because UAlbany administrators don't care about students or quality education.

If it's not illegal, it's probably best to record all lectures and to record all meetings with professors, staff, administrators. Otherwise they'll keep wrecking education... and students' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment