Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mad World

UAlbany Chief Information Officer Christine Haile: "Amazing that you were here at UAlbany recently. Feel free to drop by if you’re ever on campus."

UAlbany Director of Telecommunications (retired 2012) Tom Neiss: "Chris I wish I had known you were at UAlbany, I could have given you a job."

The State University of New York Computing Officers Association created a John Philippo Lifetime Achievement award in Dad’s honor around 2006 - at the urging of Tom Neiss, I understand, who was also the last recipient of the award. It’s a Waterford crystal sailboat mounted on wood with an engraved brass plate with the name of the recipient, the year, and the name of the award.

Amazing - I wish I had known the presentation was made to Neiss by Haile shortly after I'd graduated - and in between some of Clarence L. McNeill's written threats to me and my family.

SUNY Chief Information Security Officer Theodore K. Phelps: "This is the portrait of your father that SUNY uses in its Award honoring your father.

"In response to your request through Senator Neil Breslin, I opened our framed portrait, which was made by Elaine Neiss around 1994 from a scanned family photo, as I recall. It hangs in my office at SUNY System Administration in downtown Albany and gives me inspiration, especially when the need for patience and leadership wisdom presses on me. I worked in John’s unit with Tom Neiss doing networks in the 1990s and was one of the several hundred people who participated in his memorial here."

While UAlbany was sending threats to me and my family, a picture of me was framed on the wall at SUNY System Administration. I'm the black space (a dark blue blazer) over Dad's left shoulder; the photo was cropped from a picture of our family taken at one of my cousin's weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment